Thursday, February 22, 2007

10 minute Presentation of Interactive Narrative





















My Interactive Narrative Presentation was about the Interactive Film and Community item "7 Years Later" which formed part of the promotional campaign for the Mercedez-Benz E-Class Estate. This was produced/developed by German agency Scholz & Volkmer in 2003. http://www.s-v.de/en/sv.htm. I Think this is an interesting piece of interactive work as it is very engaging and as a commercial aspect to it - an innovative use of interactive film/narrative and community idea within Advertising.

I felt I gave a clear and concise presentation regarding this interactive film idea and the type of interactive narrative used. Using the branch narrative idea, but with only so many options so that the developers still had control. I also discussed the visual aeshetic and technical aspects of the film/narrative. I felt my presentation was effective and engaging using the website as visual stimulus and explaining my thoughts on it in an appropriate way. As my understanding of this area grows (which it is, week by week) my knowledge will increase. I'm enjoying this subject and wish to explore it further within my Personal Project "The Thoughts". Creating an engaging Online Interactive Experience/Film idea. Links will be added to this blog alongside my powerpoint presentation of "7 Years Later".

No comments: