Sunday, December 03, 2006

Post Production Editing the footage

We have all the footage now and we are all editing our own versions of 'The Conversation'. Firstly for me I have taken the footage and produced a rough cut in i-movie because this is quick and gives me a sense of the footage and scenes and also because i have no Final cut software yet. I have edited the scenes added transitions and tiles, also sound - using a track from a band called the Field mice (I have to check copyright on this one). However this is only a rough cut and next year I will be collaborating with a muscian friend of mine who is going to be producing tracks and sound for my visual projects.

In the MA sessions on Wednesday we have been allowed to edit our footage which is good, because it has enabled me to produce a version in Final Cut. Mike gave us a demonstration using the software and the Multi Clip tool which as been very useful. Also Martin has given us some constructive feedback on editing related to our footage. So now I have completed a version using Final Cut which I have found very useful. I have been trying to craft my edits and version so that you do not notice the cuts, its okay. I'm happy with this version as I'm new to this, but when my skills improve I will re-edit and improve. I now have a version in Final Cut and exported as a QuickTime movie. I will have completed by the deadline this version with some minor improvements printed to tape and a QuickTime movie saved onto DVD. Also I will have my storyboards and this blog which is evidence of my production log.

In the sessions we have also viewed and analysed each others versions which I have found useful and interesting, and I will improve mine next year. Also we have to produce some kind of Interactive movie/project from this footage - I have ideas already which will be noted down and visualised through setches and storyboards.

So this week i will complete the above and hand into Martin on Wednesday 13/12/06 along with my Object 1 minute film and storyboard.

I now have a problem. My Mac blew up on Monday and now I have no computer (Disaster). It as been sent away to be repaired and it could be a couple of months before it comes back. So now my only option is to use PC's at work to do any work for my MA which is not ideal. Also over the Xmas period I will have no access to a computer because my workplace closes down for two weeks, which means I will not be able to do any work over this period. So I have the next two weeks to complete everything so far. I will see how it goes I guess.

No comments: