Sunday, November 12, 2006

From Mike re Sunday shoot.

Hi All,

I can't make any time to help set up on friday. Sorry I have a prior
commitment in Weston super Mare at 2pm.

I don't know how we are proceeding. Have we decided on 2 actors? Is
anyone going to set up the studio on friday? Is everyone going to do
their own storyboard, then shoot it one at a time? Why aren't we
talking about this?

I have had a look at the studio as I said at the meeting on wed. I
have since emailed Peter Critchley re the lighting, cameras and
studio. its up to us to do the lighting. there are some issues with
the kit we are likely to have, in particular the sound side. I have
permission to borrow from Newton Park 3 Z1 cameras with extenders, 3
tripods (sadly without wheels and remotes), DV firewire leads, 3 G4
laptops, 2 radio mics, extra mains cabling, headphones, and an
external firewire drive. I will also provide 3 DV tapes, clipboards,
masking tape (to mark up the floor). We need a fast digital camera
to document the shoot. Could someone provide this? I have a folder
of pre production files that would help us formalise the shoot. The
PA would normally co ordinate the completion of these. I will email
to the volunteer and assist their completion.

I propose that we rehearse record on sunday using 3 camera
positions. We just need 'coverage' then we can each edit the scene
as we want. So that once camera stays wide and the 2 others get
mcu's and over shoulder 2 shots. I still feed that its possible to
shoot and edit on sunday.

Draft Schedule for Sunday 19th November:

meet 09.30 outside the building.
10.00 access to the studio - position the 'set', prepare the cameras,
set up 3 laptops and radio mics
10.45 rehearse and block through scene 1
11.15 set the lights
11.30 record scene 1
12.00 rehearse, block and record scene 2
12.30 rehearse, block and record scene 3
13.00 rehearse, block and record scene 4
13.30 break most for lunch - someone stays on to log and capture
rushes
14.00 set up the projects in FCP and build a multiclip* this will
sync the rushes tapes and make a rough assembly of each scene. You
can then trim, add audio etc, and make a title seq and credit
sequence in your own time
16.00 wrap

Roles: we need 3 camera operators, one sound operator, a director
(for scene 1+2, another for 3+4), stage manager/photographer, DOP
(me?), Production assistant. Who wants to do what?

Your thoughts,

Mike J

No comments: